Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day Before Surgery

The last two days have been some of the longest days of my life! We finally got the phone call today at around 3:30 about Mya's surgery tomorrow. She will have the G-Tube placed at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Matt and I have to have her there at 7:30 to get her ready.

I'm sure tonight is going to be a little rough. We have to feed her pretty much around the clock until 6:00 in the morning. She can have formula until 3:00 A.M. and then pedialyte until 6:00 A.M. She will not be able to eat for several hours after the surgery so her hydration and nutrition tonight is important.

I feel like we have been waiting for this day for so long and now I just want to get it over with. I feel guilty looking at her knowing what I am going to put her through (although we are looking out for her best interest). I guess sometimes I just want to wake up and have this all be a bad dream!

I know how hard this has been on Matt and I but she is the one that is going through all the trauma. She had 4 days last week where see ate 5-10 bites of food at each meal. On Monday she gagged really bad and ended up throwing up while eating. Ever since I feel as though we are back to square one with her eating. We have started to go to a feeding therapitst in Fishers. So, I have hope that she will improve! I swear those 4 days of good eating were the best 4 days I have had in a long long time! I actually went on a shopping spree with my mom I was so excited! I just think....I wish all these problems were happening to me and not my little girl!

We would like to thank everyone for all their help! My mom has been a saint! She stayed at our house two nights in a row so we could get some sleep before her surgery! Please say an extra prayer for Mya tonight!! But I think God really is looking out for our little angel!!

1 comment:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with you in this trying time. We don't always know why things happen as they do but God knows. Keep the faith.
    Garry and Phyllis Rosenthal

    ReplyDelete