Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Update

Mya is still doing well here at the clinic! She is now 21 pounds 5 ounces with a dry diaper on! Wow!!! I never thought we would see the 20 pound mark let alone 21 pounds! Her legs have the chubby look back to them and she really looks nice and healthy! She is soon going to be 19 months old so she is still very small for her age but we are seeing a ton of progress and the weight and height will catch up eventually.

We are still hoping to start training next week but we will of course have to see how the rest of the week goes. We are ready to get home but know that this is where we need to be. Mya was 3 weeks yesterday without use of her feeding tube! How great is that! I honestly don't see any turning back at this point! I'm sure next week is going to be rough with us feeding her but hopefully we will all adjust within a few days.

Thank you to all our supporters out there!! I'm sure there are people praying for Mya that have never even met her! She is a great kid and we couldn't love her anymore! Matt and I have a great set of parents that we couldn't have gotten through all this without! I can't even count the number of appointments my Mom has went to with me when Matt had to work. You guys has always been there to support us no matter what! I guess sometimes we just don't say it enough...THANK YOU!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your little Mya's story has touched my heart! I will be thinking of your family and praying that she continues to do well! God bless <3

    ReplyDelete