Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I think I have to be the proudest mom on the face of the planet!! Mya is doing so well with her eating and drinking I just can't believe it! She ate an entire hot dog tonight!! I am so unbelievably proud of her!

We truly have soo much to be thankful for!! I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and friends!! Everyone has been so amazing!! I feel each day that my worries over Mya's eating are getting less and less. We randomly put her on the scale at home and she is weighing more than she has ever weighed so she is doing great!

I am so grateful for the opportunity to go out to California and get Mya help! Thank you to all those who helped us out financially and supported us! I am keeping all the cards.... pictures.... valentines...etc. to show Mya when she gets older all the people that love her and prayed for her! We are so thankful!! She went from getting over 90% of her calories via feeding tube to being 100% orally eating and drinking!!!

We go back to the doctor at the end of the month so I am really hoping to get the tube taken out. She is getting more granulation tissue built up and I don't see any sense on putting her through skin burning again at all!! So cross your fingers they let us!

Happy Mother's Day to all those great Mommy's out there!! But I have to tell you...I think I was blessed with one of the best Mom's out there!! I love you Mom!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10 May, 2010

    Glad things are going well. I've been praying for you guys! Matt and you are blessed with great, supportive families! I hope my children feel that they have our unconditional support like you and Matt do! Enjoy the summer with your lil' gal! She will be able to eat "junk food" at the fairs this summer. LOL Elaine R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking about you guys! I will be emailing you soon for a playdate. I can't wait to get to meet you in person and see this little miracle girl named mya!!

    ReplyDelete